The Craft Store
Job Title / Role: Buying Assistant
Type: Full Time
Contact: Anthony Brooks
Job Title: Buying Assistant
Job Purpose: Provide accurate, timely and thorough buyer and supplier support across the whole spectrum of product administration.
Salary: £18,500 starting, £19,000 after 6 months probation
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Use numeracy (excel) and text (Word) PC skills to work with your buyer and supplier to input product data accurately, check and cross check data supplied in numerous and different formats and use your initiative to deliver and pool the information on offer to enable the best presentation of data in Hochanda’s set systems.
• Use in-house reporting and get to learn in-depth knowledge of both internal processes and external supply partner’s process to maximise your workload time efficiencies.
• Research and learn product information to check and monitor product information documents supplied via our supply partners and where needed improve and edit to be in line with Hochanda’s demanding levels of detail.
• Ensure all data entry and product descriptions are accurate, spelt correctly, presented in the correct format and all numerical data is correct.
• Ensure all data and processes that affect this data are set correctly with the correct activation dates and pricing mechanisms are set in line with expectation to deliver correctly set output.
• Pro-activity identifies smarter processes and procedures to improve efficiency for Hochanda and your role within the buying department.
• As requested, attend supplier meetings, take the minutes and follow up and resolve any issues as directed by the Buyer and Supplier
• Accurately process product set up – start to finish including take full responsibility to delivery all the required information and data input
• Ensure all product samples/photography are requested and followed up to ensure sample/imagery are availability in a timely manner to enable the maximum quality of output is achieved for Hochanda
• Carry out all other ad hoc duties as required
• Raise/Send/Confirm receipt/Follow up all Purchase orders as instructed – pro-actively chase up to ensure all aspects and processes have been achieved successfully and deal with any issues that arise throughout the process.
• Final check of shows prior to air – including but not exclusively – Images are correct in content verses product – the relevant stock levels are available – and all POL notes are up to date and accurate
• Ensure (as instructed) all promo mechanics (e.g. Flexi-buy/Discounts etc..) are active and set correctly with all subsequent notes are on the show POL
• Strong analytical, process, planning and organisational skills
• Able to react quickly to tasks and work under pressure while maintaining high standards in line with Company core values: - our team, our products, our suppliers, customers and our attitude
• Shoulders responsibility and takes ownership
• Excellent numeracy and grammatical skills with a keen eye for detail
• Experienced in MS Office including Word and Excel
• Strong administration skills with meticulous attention to detail
• Positive attitude, self-motivated and team player
• Be an effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
• Be proactive and able to manage own time affectively
• Have a positive attitude and a strong drive to achieve perfection