Cloisters Secretary – Job Share
Job Title / Role: Cloisters Secretary - Job Share
Type: Part Time
Contact: Vania Murphy
We have an opportunity for an experienced secretary / administrator to join the Academic Support team as Cloisters Secretary, on a job share basis (15 hours per week).
To work 15 hours per week, from 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday, 36.4 weeks per annum.
As an experienced administrator, you will take a central role in ensuring the smooth running of a number of academic apartments. Main duties will include:
• Ordering and cataloguing all department resourcing.
• Administration of Trips, to include interface with pupils, parents and outside agencies.
• Administration of pupil text books, departmental library and loan schemes.
• Updating Departmental Databases.
• Revising Departmental Handbooks.
• Maintaining spreadsheets of department orders/expenditure.
• Handling general enquiries.
• Ordering stationery and other materials.
• Maintaining diaries.
• Taking minutes of meetings as requested.
• Liaising with external contacts when making or arranging bookings, trips, events and similar activities.
• Assisting Heads of Department with budgetary responsibilities and reconciliation of account information.
In this job share you will work from 2pm to 5pm Monday to Friday. You will predominantly work during Term time, however, to provide effective support you will work some weeks during holiday periods – a total of 36.4 working weeks per annum. The pro rata salary of £6,476 is based on a full time equivalent of £22,027 per annum.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
With a strong administrative background, you will have excellent IT skills including knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook in particular). You will have good communication skills and be able to interact with a wide variety of people both across the School and externally. A busy and varied workload will put your strong organisational skills and ability to work well under pressure to effective use.
No specialist qualifications are required; however, you will need to have GCSEs at grades A-C.
Go to www.oundleschool.org.uk/vacancies for an application form. Application closing date is 5 August 2021. Interviews will be held on 13 August 2021.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to Apply: Go to www.oundleschool.org.uk/vacancies for full details and an application form.