Job Title / Role: Designer
Type: Full Time
Contact: Louise Crofts
Schoolblazer have brought genuine product flair and innovation to the school uniform market. Our sister sportswear brand, Limitless has developed an innovative range of sports and teamwear, focussed on encouraging every child to enjoy being active. In addition, we Schoolblazer have recently embarked on a new partnership with Umbro sportwear, introducing further opportunities and design scope.
Founded in 2004 Schoolblazer pioneered a new approach to schoolwear. We employ our own in-house design team and developed our own range of products, sourced directly. This has allowed us to deliver significant growth, giving us a 30% market share in the premium schoolwear market.
We are known for delivering excellent customer service and innovative, stylish product.
• Working with the Schools and Buying Team to carry out a brief which considers all aspects of design to meet the requirements of the partner school
• Working with the Marketing Team to create social media posts, posters, pull up banners, templates etc.
• Have a keen eye for colour and fabrics
• Be able to juggle multiple products/projects
• Good attitude and ability to listen
• Willing to learn and open to learning new technology
• Able to work as a team and with own initiative in a fast-paced environment
• Strong organisational skills
• Passionate about design and a creative mind-set
To succeed in this role you must:
• Have strong Illustrator and Photoshop skills
• Be competent in creating CADS to showcase uniform and sportswear designs which will be presented to schools
• Be competent in creating garment and accessory technical drawings
• Be able to create designs and prints for sportswear which are printed using sublimation
• Be able to create factory CADs for signed off garments ready for production
• Be able to place fabric designs onto garment technical drawings
• Be able to edit images for the website
• Be competent in creating mood-boards
Our Business Values
We have a very clear set of values that are key to our brands’ success and our operation:
• We make it easy for our customers
• We deliver on our promises
• We innovate and learn
• We find solutions
• We are one team
The Successful Candidate
We have no fixed conceptions! We are a people-driven, entrepreneurial business who believe that drive, fit with our values and a willingness to learn are at least as important as experience. The successful candidate will meet many of the criteria outlined above, but we recognise that some training will be required on top of the usual “welcome and induction” plan.
Location and Working Hours
Our Head Office is in Oundle. A town half-way between Northampton and Peterborough. Hours are 9am – 5pm, Monday – Friday.
25 days holiday pa, in addition to bank holidays.