The Craft Store
Job Title / Role: Floor Manager
Type: Full Time
Contact: Anthony Brooks, HR Director
Job Title: Floor Manager
Job Purpose: To ensure the safe running of the studio floor during all live and pre-recorded output. To prepare product, demonstration, and risk assessment for shows.
To: Backstage Supervisor
Hours:12 hour shifts over a 7- day fortnight shift pattern.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Ensure all samples for shows, including variants where appropriate are ready and air worthy.
• Ensure all housekeeping standards are adhered to.
• Ensure effective and timely handover of information to colleagues on own and opposite shifts
• Contribute to a supportive, positive, and efficient team environment between shifts by demonstration of appropriate behaviours
• Drive own development through effective training plans and contribution to 1-2-1’s and appraisals.
• Carry out any other duties as required.
• Assisting guests on the show bringing in equipment show demos samples from car/backstage etc.
• Help assist in kitchen shows and de-prep, washing up etc.
• Checking that equipment, e.g., microphones and earpieces, are working before the show.
• Referring/Drawing up floor plans for certain shown.
• Controlling the studio and halting production if necessary due to health and safety requirements.
• Relaying instructions from the studio floor using a talkback system to the gallery.
• Keeping the director and producer informed of action off-camera.
• Assisting in the planning and preparation of shows.
• Rehearsing/ Flooring screen tests with feedback to the relevant person.
• Giving cues and time counts to presenters and guests.
• Looking ahead in the programme schedule to anticipate any changes to the set/flooring requirements
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Positive ‘can-do’ attitude
• Productive and self-motivated
• Able to work effectively both as part of a team and on an individual basis.
• Excellent organisation skills
• Excellent time management skills and flexibility
• A keen and creative mind.
• Must be prepared for a fast paced and ever-changing creative challenge.
• Upbeat, positive, and diplomatic.