Multi Skilled Project Tradesperson
Job Title / Role: Multi Skilled Project Tradesperson
Type: Full Time
Contact: Vania Murphy
We are seeking a Multi Skilled Project Tradesperson to join the Planned Works Team, who keep our buildings safe and fit for purpose through the refurbishment and renewal of the building fabric and services.
The Buildings Department are responsible for the maintenance and development of over 100 buildings. The portfolio is hugely varied, from buildings with listed status to state-of-the-art, and everything in between.
Reporting to the Planned Work Manager, you will work on a variety of projects both large and small, primarily as part of a team of tradespeople. Hours of work are 8.15am to 5pm Monday to Friday (40 hours per week). Salary £23,878 per annum.
You will enjoy a variety of tasks, including:
• Stone and brick wall repairs
• Laying of solid concrete floors, bases and piers
• Plastering/ lime rendering of internal and external wall/ceilings etc.
• Basic plumbing installation
• Installing below ground
• Mini digger operation (below 10 ton)
• Isolation of local electrical services
• Installation of suspended ceiling grids
• Providing a quick response to any urgent matters
To apply, you will need to have:
• Experience in two or more trades (brick work, carpentry, painting, plumbing, electrical)
• A building trade qualification
• Valid driving licence with no more than six points
• Ability to take initiative (spot what needs doing and fix it – or refer to specialist trades people)
• Good attention to detail
• A sympathetic approach to the buildings and setting
• Well presented with a professional approach
In addition to a friendly, welcoming team and excellent working conditions, we offer:
• Group Personal Pension Plan
• Life Assurance scheme
• BUPA Wellbeing Expenses Plan
• Free light lunch during School Term time
• Free, corporate work wear / PPE
• Discounted access to the Sports Centre and swimming pool
• Cycle to Work scheme
• Free car parking (subject to availability)
If you are looking for an interesting and varied role working with a great group of people, go to our website for full details and an application form.
Application closing date: 24 June at 8.30am
Interviews will be conducted week commencing 28 July.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. You will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
How to Apply: Go to www.oundleschool.org.uk/vacancies for full details and an application form.